Starting In 1995, with the release of the WOOD Markets Monthly newsletter, Internatinal WOOD MARKETS Group has been producing strategic wood products industry and market reports to compliment our global consulting practice. WOOD MARKETS is recognized internationally as one of the leading publishers of ground-breaking global wood products and market analysis, research and forecasts. WOOD MARKETS maintains an extensive global database on which its reports are founded.
Quick Guide to WOOD MARKETS' Multi-Client Reports:
1. Global & International: For global
logs, lumber, panels and other wood products trends, we have a number of specific reports that we cover based on ongoing in-market or in-country analysis:
- Global WOOD BOOK (2nd Edition, 2009) - database of the major global producing countries of logs, lumber and all panels.
- Global Lumber/Sawnwood Cost Benchmarking Report: for 2013 annual and 2013/Q1 (6th edition) - covers 29 regions or countries in North America, Europe, Southern Hemisphere and China.
- The China Bulletin (Monthly newsletter) - a 28+ page report that includes market analysis, import/export data and monthly prices on a variety of domestic and imported logs, lumber and all panels products.
- The China Book: Outlook to 2017 (3rd edition 2012) - an analysis of China's economy, industry and market, with five-year forecasts on supply, demand, imports, exports and prices for all products.
- Russia Log Export Tax: Global Implications (2009) - earlier report on the prospects of the Russian industry and impacts on global markets if the Russian log export tax rose to 80%.
- Europe & Russia: Wood Products Industry (2004) - earlier report profiling developments in Europe (with a country focus) and Russia in terms of timber, processing industry, market and outlook.
- Russia: Forest Industry Competitiveness & Export Outlook - overview of log harvesting/practices, production trends, export tax and quota regulations, export markets, cost benchmarking, investment trends and assessment.
2. North America: For coverage on North American logs, lumber, panels and specialty products, we have our two cornerstone reports:
- WOOD Markets Monthly International Report (since 1995) - 12-page newsletter featuring industry/market analysis on commodity wood products, monthly statistics on the U.S. and Canada, monthly international prices and 2-year price forecasts.
- WOOD MARKETS: The Five Year Forecast Lumber, OSB, Plywood, MDF, Particleboard (since 1996) - featuring five-year forecasts on supply, demand, exports, imports and prices on all products.
3. Special Strategic Topics:
- U.S. Moulding Market & Supply Options Outlook to 2017 (8th Edition, 2013) - industry and market analysis of clear-type pine lumber and mouldings, including five-year supply, demand and price forecasts.
- BC Mountain Pine Beetle: Evolving Impacts & Opportunities: Outlook to 2031 (2nd edition 2012) - strategic analysis on the impact of the mountain pine beetle on the B.C. industry and how it will impact North American markets.
- North American Stud Industry & Market: Outlook to 2017 - Current & forecast of stud lumber production, consumption, demand, imports, and prices.